The "Road Spike" barrier is 100% locally manufactured and designed to handle high volumes of traffic and has a 100% duty cycle. The barrier and "Road Spike" are driven via two independent single-phase torque motors with an operating speed of one second for the "Road Spike" and 2.5 -6 seconds for the barrier arm. The spikes will only rise after the barrier has passed through a 30° on the closing cycle. The spike barrier is designed to offer protection in both directions on entry and exit. The compact design allows for the minimum of excavation work and simplifies the installation. The spike barrier can be configured in the following ways: boom stays down on power failure and spikes remain up; or boom opens on power failure and spike will lower on power failure
- Government Premises
- Cash Depots
- Head Offices
- Any areas where high security is required
NEW PATENTED SPECIAL OPERATING FEATURES
1) Emergency Trigger Inputs - 2 Types
- Spike will raise boom, boom will close while loop is detecting. Spike will raise even if boom arm is in the up position.
- Spike will raise, boom will close after the loops has been cleared. Spikes will raise even if boom arm is in the up position.
2) Built In Robot Controller For Dual Direction
- Robot will turn green for right of way and red for opposite traffic
- Robot stays red if tailgating occurs
3) Five Alarm Conditions
Alarm outputs, 1 sec n/o pulse output and a permanent close output.
- When boom arm has been knocked off the adaptor - permanent close output.
- When the barrier door is opened - permanent close output.
- When boom is held open after a vehicle has passed over the loop - pulse output.
- When boom arm is forced open - pulse output.
- When the spikes are held down - pulse output.
This can be used to trigger an alarm. Switch a camera to focus on the spike barrier. Can also be used to raise the spikes by means of an internal triggering device or alert armed response.
4) New control panel allows for interlocking with other barrier to create a trap barrier.
5) Spikes will stay up when boom arm is forced open.
6) Spike Barrier can be used for reversible lanes
7) Spike Barrier will go into a lock down mode when the door is opened.
8) Service indicator light will light up when the spike barrier needs to be serviced.
- Self diagnostic logic controller
9) Optional extra: High Security Lock - tamper proof door
10) Optional extra: Spring Device to lower spike on power failure
11) EMERGENCY EVACUATION MODE:
- To allow emergency evacuation from the premises
- To allow emergency vehicles into premises in case of an emergency
- The "Road Spike" barrier is available in either 3m or 5m options standard. Custom size units can be accommodated. Prices available on request.
- Barrier boom arms are manufactured extruded aluminium tubing powder coated in white with reflective tape.
- The barrier is equipped as standard with an anti pedestrian aluminium curtain suspended beneath the boom arm to prevent personal injury.
- Left and right hand configurations are available.
- The spikes lower before the boom arm opens. This ensures a safe passage for the vehicle to pass through. The boom arm can't open unless the spikes have lowered completely by means of an inter-lock.
- The spike barrier can be interfaced with single or multiple remote triggering devices.
- The spike barrier framework is designed to handle vehicles weighing up to 100 tons (except surface mount).
- The cabinet is a IP54 rated enclosure 1.6mm mild steel or 3CR12 stainless steel or 2mm 304 brushed stainless steel.
- Cabinets are powder coated in red and white but any other RAL colours are available on request.
- The spikes protrude 90mm above the road surface and offer protection from both directions.
- The "Road Spike" barrier's modular design allows the unit to be stripped down to small manageable sizes for easy transportation and installation.
- Pack size: Dependent on model ordered.
- Mains supply: 220V at 130 watts with no robots and 205 watts with robots.